Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! If you followed the prompts to enter your name, email address, and zip code when you created your plan online, you’ll receive an email from Pumpkin with a link to retrieve your saved quote at any time.
Unlike a human health insurance HMO, your Pumpkin Pet Insurance plan’s coverage isn’t limited to a “network” of health care providers. Since you get paid back directly, your pet is free to receive treatment from any licensed veterinarian, specialist, emergency clinic or hospital you choose in the U.S. or Canada!
Yes! We know pet care can be expensive – especially when you have more than one fur baby to budget for. Unlike some other pet insurance plans out there, Pumpkin offers a 10% Fur Family Discount! That means you get 10% off a plan for each additional pet you enroll.
You may take your dog or cat to any licensed vet to receive the routine wellness care services covered by any of our classic Preventive Essentials packages.
If you have a custom Preventive Essentials package designed by your veterinary hospital, it is meant to be used for services received at that hospital only. However, if you decide to switch vets, Pumpkin will honor the benefit terms stated in your Preventive Essentials Customer Agreement for that year term.
- 90% reimbursement rate fur all pets 8 weeks & up – seniors included
- Smart annual coverage limit options from $10k-unlimited for dogs and $7k-unlimited for cats
- Everyone gets extensive coverage (no need to buy a bunch of extra insurance plan add-ons)
- Pumpkin plans cover key conditions some insurance plans exclude, like dental illnesses, behavioral issues, hereditary conditions, and parasite infections
- Pumpkin plans cover in-clinic + virtual vet exam fees for accidents & illnesses at no extra cost
- Pumpkin plans cover physical therapy and prescription food & supplements* for covered conditions no extra cost
- No breed or upper age restrictions, plus no reducing coverage as your pet ages
- 14-day waiting period for all conditions – even knee injuries and hip dysplasia
- 10% discount on a Pumpkin plan for each additional pet you enroll
- Quick & easy online claims process
- Easy comparison charts to see what you’re really getting vs. other insurance providers
- Voted “Best Pet Insurance for Comprehensive Coverage” by BusinessInsider.com15
Filing a claim is super easy, 100% digital, and requires zero paperwork.
- Log in to your account on pumpkin.care and navigate to “Claims.”
- Follow the prompts to enter your claim details, upload a copy or photo of your itemized vet bill (+ any relevant medical records for insurance claims), and hit submit.
- Your claim will be processed quickly, and you’ll get an update once the review is complete.
Prefer filling out a claim the old fashion way? No problem. You can download a paper claim form from your account online and print. Once you fill it out – simply email the form along with the itemized vet bill from your vet to [email protected].